Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2014 thread (Everything was 2015)
E3 2014 starts next week, time to get the thread in!

Conference schedule (June 9th):

Microsoft - 9:30/12:30PM
EA - 12/3PM
Ubisoft - 3/6PM
Sony - 6/9PM

Microsoft Events
"Green Carpet" Pre-show - Jun9th, 9-9:30/12-12:30PM
This is a new pre-show right before the conference that's supposed to have "sneak previews" and interviews.

Post Show - 11:15/2:15
Q&A with Microsoft heads

ID@Xbox - Jun10-12th
Twitch streams of Xbone indie games.

[URL="http://e3.nintendo.com/"]Nintendo Events
[/URL]Nintendo Digital Event - Jun10th, 9/12PM
Nintendo is skipping their conference again in favor of another stream. This is the equivalent of their conference and will have all the reveals and trailers.

Nintendo Minute: Live @ E3 - Jun10th
Digital Event post-show recap with more information.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Jun10-12th
Live stream of Nintendo's game booths all through E3.
Treehouse Live will broadcast:
Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT

Super Smash Bros Invitational - Jun10th, 4/7PM
Twitch stream of SSB Wii U tournament live at the Nokia theater.
[Image: MegaManSSB.gif]
So this picture "leaked" and it's starting a firestorm over whether it's legit or not.

[Image: nintendo_e3_2014_mario_maker.jpg]

Personally I think it's fake.

- Booths not covered despite E3 being days away and Nintendo's notorious secrecy
- Dubious/unknown source
- Generic logo
- Quality/distance deterring scrutiny
I can't wait!
I'm not going to get any work done next week :p

As for the photo, I'm not really sure. It wouldn't be the first time a decent shot got leaked out, and its not like its a big massive reveal too.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Sunset Overdrive arriving by bus.

[video=youtube;WbwM0y-qhEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbwM0y-qhEM[/video]

...Are they going to roll this thing out on stage?
MS conference was very safe. Every "surprise" was leaked beforehand. Master Chief collection sounds very cool, Scalebound by Platinum games is a plus but a CG trailer can't do their gameplay justice. Phantom Dust revival is cool. Surprised Quantum Break was a no show.

I felt bad when Conker popped up in the Project Spark trailer. You could see the despair in his eyes, "Please make my game for me, because they never will." I guess that's one step above Crash who was left for dead and Spyro who got usurped from his own franchise.

I also don't know why they insist on stage demos for games from third parties that have their own conferences to demo them at. At least you can chalk CoD up to "tradition," yearly paychecks and no conference from Activision.
EA conference was a bore! No wonder they're turning Battlefield into a yearly franchise - all of their "behind the scenes prototype reveals" are because they don't actually have many games coming up! The Criterion new IP feels like an Xtreme Pilotwings.

Sony digging in hard on that Battlefield Hardline though. Guess they need to counter MS and CoD.

At least the woman that kept screaming in the audience was hilarious.
I'm disappointed by the lack of OMG! surprises so far.
MS still had a great show and it was great to see the return of some series. Was happy and sad to see Conker "return", At least he wasn't forgotten... I wonder if this will be the start of something?
> Ori and the Blind Forest look awesome, can't wait to play it.
> Sunset Overdrive looks great and is now on my want list.
> Can't wait to find some time to play Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime!
> Halo collection is great news, but I guess it also kills off any hope of MS bring back BC. =/

I have to admit that MS's indie lineup had me more excited then what Sony had last year.

I agree that EA's was pretty boring, I really didn't even have the audio on for most of it.

Can't wait for Nintendo's event Big Grin
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Ubi's conference wasn't much better. Still no Prince of Persia, still no Beyond Good & Evil 2. It's also weird that they're making two AssCreed games when they only acknowledge Unity. Rainbow Six: Patriots resurfaced as Siege, so I guess games can escape from the void after all.
Sony had the best conference of the bunch but that's not saying much. Project Beast/Bloodborne getting just a CG trailer when gameplay footage leaked weeks ago, spoiler trailer for TLOU remaster, way too much time talking about Powers and other services coming to PSN, GTA V trailer without Rockstar having to interact with the peasants, zero Square Enix presence, etc. And as usual, time taken up by multiplats. We didn't need to see more of Fay Cry and Battlefield. I'll give Batman, Metal Gear and Mortal Kombat a pass though since those were more interesting. Uncharted 4 is pretty but I've never been into this franchise. The indie games were the highlight of the show (much like MS's conference). The Last Guardian being a no-show after Sony denied IGN's cancellation rumors is hilarious. I am seeing funerals for that game pop up on several forums.

They barely acknowledged the Vita. They're bringing over Vita TV but leaving the Vita branding off...the fact that it plays Vita games on your TV monitor was supposed to be the selling point, stuff like streaming is extra. They actually flipped it around and made it sound like the Vita stuff was tacked on somewhere down the line. I guess all those stories about SCEA being against the Vita are true.

On another note, Devil's Third is still absent. I wonder if the rumors are true and it got Bayonetta 2'd. We'll see tomorrow!
[Image: dahvfi.gif]

Nintendo blew everyone else away. It's hard to sum it up because they announcements are still coming.

Zelda is such a tease, they're finally going back to the open nature of the first game. Palutena in Smash, Bayonetta 2 + Bayo 1 in one package this year, Canvas Curse sequel, Xenoblade X, Yoshi, Splatoon, and it just goes on. A lot of variety in there.

And OUTSIDE of the digital event we got Itagaki's Devil's Third as a Wii U exclusive, Mario Party 10 announced, Miyamoto bringing back Star Fox, etc. According to Reggie there are more announcements coming tonight and tomorrow.

This is how you do it. Everybody else put all their cards on the table and didn't have much to begin with. If I didn't like what came from Nintendo there was always the potential to turn things around with more announcements after the fact.

Only real negative is WHERE'S METROID.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Switch info and rumor thread ClaudeLv250 9 4,191 10-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Cap
  E3 2015 thread (June 16th-18th) ClaudeLv250 10 5,244 06-16-2015, 02:13 AM
  The Rumor Thread ClaudeLv250 29 14,983 02-07-2014, 12:42 AM
  E3 2013 thread (MEGAMAN IN SMASH) ClaudeLv250 27 12,268 06-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: ClaudeLv250