Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google+
If anyone have it, tell me what you think of it. And if anyone wants an invite just giveme your email and I will send it.

So far I haven't done much cause wife took the computer and this other old crap for some reason shows the site with lots of errors.
So far I'm not impressed with it at all. There is alot of stuff that needs to be done, but truth be told I could never see this replacing FaceBook. FaceBook has to much of a hold at this point, they would need to duplicate everything FaceBook has and then add something that will make people want to do the switch (like what happen with the MySpace to FaceBook). And so far I don't see that happening.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
If they can keep it simple and intuitive, I'll be behind it 100%. Facebook is a convoluted mess.
Just the whole groups thing sets it apart enough to warrant a switch over if you ask me.

And it can only be good for Facebook to get the kick in the ass it needed to actually make itself better.
Cap Wrote:they would need to duplicate everything FaceBook has and then add something that will make people want to do the switch

I was under the impression that NOT adding a lot of fb's bullshit was a large part of the appeal. Why did people flee MySpace for Facebook? The two major things Facebook had over MySpace at launch were 1) cleaner interface with less bullshit and 2) requiring a .edu address to sign up. This made the site somewhat of an exclusive club at first. You wouldn't find little kids or your parents on it. Google+ currently has both of these advantages over Facebook without the latter's spotty history with user information. The only thing I'm "missing" so far is an easier way to pm people.

I like the circles feature too. We all have different comfort levels with different social groups, I like being able to keep some people out of the loop. This is a better solution than my current practice of not adding co-workers, older family members, etc. as friends. It is still going to take some time before I switch over completely.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey