Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatcha Been Playing?
Here is what I've been playing the last couple weeks.

- Alan Wake (360) - Finally getting around to playing this. I'm early in but so far its a really good survival horror.

- Sonic & SEGA Racing (360) - Great Mario Kart clone.

- Fallout 3 (PC) - Went on sale for $6 on GFW so I figured what the hell, time to see what all the fuse is about. It's a good game, but damn I wish their was multi-player, it get so boring walking alone for so long.

- Sly Cooper Collection (PS3) - Been wanting to play this since the PS2, finally getting around to it since I found it for $20. I'm about 15% done on the first game, not bad. I just hope it holds up with the next 2 sequels and doesn't go dark and emo like Jak.

- Rabbits in Time (Wii) - Meh... I wish they would go back to what the 2nd and 3rd were like, these are getting bad.
Pokemon White (DS) - last Pokemon I played for real was silver, what I like the most about this one is that all the pokes are new and not a single old one in sight during the regular adventure. But I think that is time for gamefreak to give us 3d models and real animation. This one is so far the most animated of them all but that is not enough.
Got back into my Blazblue groove. Bought Continuum Shift and Platinum the Trinity (of course) and practiced some good ol' Jin. Out of all the MvCs, Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats, Blazblue really is the fighting game I find has the best mechanics and fighting system.

I also bought myself the new Bangai-O Missile Fury HD on XBOX 360. I loved the one on DS so I felt I had to support it. It's basically more of the same with prettier graphics, but for the price, that's not really a bad thing.

We cleared Earth Defense Force on Hard. As they say... surprisingly fun. I've pre-ordered the next one and am awaiting it fervently.
- L.A. Noire (360) - Only about 2 1/2 hours into it and I'm loving every min of it. I'm playing the whole game in B&W mode, which looks awesome BUT makes it a bit harder to see somethings.
Alundra

I've wanted to play this game ever since I had a PS1 but could never find a copy. I don't know how I would have reacted if I could tell myself that it wouldn't happen until 2011.

Anyways, the Zelda comparisons are appropriate, but the game has its own nonchalantly dark atmosphere sprinkled about the bright overworld. The constant stream of dying NPCs and the oppressively dark and unsettling dungeons really add to that. I think those would have spooked me as a kid.
How is it? I never got around to playing it either even though I really wanted to.

Lately:
Etrian Odyssey 3 (NDS)
League of Legends (PC) - I like these kind of games but lord do I suck at them.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey
It's a little harder to get into than Zelda. The puzzles are a little more riddle oriented than tool based, there's also some platforming involved since you can jump. Difficulty is closer to LttP than the 3D Zeldas. It reminds me a bit of the first Zelda as it eventually throws you into the world while explaining the bare minimum. I had to look online to find out what Gilded Falcons were for since I kept finding them in chests, turns out you need them to get some optional special items later in the game, but there are a lot of one-time only areas with falcons that you can miss out on if you aren't trying to get all the chest, so you'd lose out on that before they even become relevant. The game definitely doesn't hold your hand.
I'm going off to my mom's place next week, where there is nothing to do.

Anyone have a few game suggestions to keep me busy for a week's worth of evenings? Can be on the Wii or DS.
Agora Wrote:I'm going off to my mom's place next week, where there is nothing to do.

Anyone have a few game suggestions to keep me busy for a week's worth of evenings? Can be on the Wii or DS.

Are you looking for Solo or Multi-player games?
Something solo, it's for when everyone's asleep and I have hours to kill before I'm actually tired Tongue