Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From $249 to $169
Nintendo's 3DS massive price cut a smart move to get ahead of PSV.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184670p1.html
[Image: 055eef6eakfujilarge-400x133.jpg]

Wooooooooooow

Wasn't expecting them to cut so much so soon, but it's better to get it low now than let Sony creep in on their territory.
The games are starting to finally come out and a nice price cut putting the system in the 'correct' price range for a portable. Time to finally buy one Smile
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Very happy I waited. If you already bought yours, they're giving 28 VC games for free or something like that.
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Current 3DS owners and people who buy a system before the price cut are being added to the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program and are getting these games for free:

NES:
Super Mario Bros.™
Donkey Kong Jr.™
Balloon Fight™
Ice Climber™
The Legend of Zelda™

GBA:
Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3
Mario Kart™: Super Circuit
Metroid™ Fusion
WarioWare™ Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Mario vs. Donkey Kong™

Not only are they getting the NES games before the general public, The GBA titles will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make thouse 10 games available to the general public .

On a side note, I don't understand why Nintendo is making the GBA games exclusives. Especially Metroid. There is a lot of money to be made with those 5 titles.
"No plans" doesn't mean never. They were probably forced to pull out something good to appease early adopters. GBA games were most likely something they were hoping to roll out later down the 3DS's lifespan.
Funny. Had they kept the price the same, I'd have still bought it once a SINGLE game I want came out. Win-win.
Just a FYI for everyone, Walmart is activating the price cut early. So if you can find one today you can get in on the $169 price AND get into the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. Big Grin

I just picked up a Aqua Blue 3DS, Now its time to play some Zelda and DoA. ^_^
Why people care about a re-release of a game they've already probably played through half a dozen times just a few years ago is beyond me.

But damn, that Wal-Mart deal is tempting.
Agora Wrote:Why people care about a re-release of a game they've already probably played through half a dozen times just a few years ago is beyond me.
Because they're FREE!!!!!!

Personally I've just been waiting for the price cut so I could finally play Zelda: OOT 3D. I've had the game since its launch and I've really been wanting to play it.

I am also looking forward to some of the GBA and NES games too, BUT If it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting them for free I would never buy them. I'm not about to drop $6 on Link's Awakening DX when I already own it and I'm not about to drop $8+ on GBA games. The only Virtual Console games I would even consider to buy are the upcoming NES games and thats ONLY because they are going in and adding online multiplayer to some of them. Personally I think Nintendo needs to price their download games more competitive with the AppStore game prices, GB games should be $0.99, GBC $1.99, GBA $2.99.