Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R-Bot vs - Level 1 alpha build video
Giving you guys a sneak-peek at the first level of R-Bot vs. This is just a alpha build of the level so things could still change.
The video is a bit small since I was trying to keep file size down.

[video]http://www.medaverse.com/R-Bot_Vs/RbotVS_lvl1-AlphaBuild-iPhone.m4v[/video]
[Image: MedaForce.png]
So is this two people holding one iDevice at either end so they have kind of a Pong perspective of the other screen? How are you handling touch events, based on which end of the screen they're on?

I like the level look, reminds me of Jumpman.
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Nikovich Wrote:So is this two people holding one iDevice at either end so they have kind of a Pong perspective of the other screen?
Yep. I was trying to mimic the old tabletop arcade games.

Nikovich Wrote:How are you handling touch events, based on which end of the screen they're on?
We had to use a permenty placed set of controls for each player. We tried to use controls were each player could touch where ever in their half of the screen, but it wasn't working out the way we wanted it, so we sadly had to use a similar style as Street Fighter VI and the Sonic games.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Looks like a good retro feel with a good design concept. As long as the control and gameplay are smooth and bug free, it could be a lot of fun. I know controls are a big problem when it comes to the iPad though.
--If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? --

--You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.--
Looks simple and fun. Could use a dose of personality, though D: