Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you gone out to see in theaters?
Last couple movies I've seen in theaters have been

- Sucker Punch
A Very under-rated movie. It's not just a pointless turn your brain off action flick like most people though it was, there are many layers to the film. It's very Alice in Wonderland-ish (thou more like version in Alice the VideoGame). When going to this film you need to be open and take it all in and even after the credits roll you'll still be digesting the film and the longer you think about it the more you'll appreciate it. The action sequence were amazing and the soundtrack was awesome.

- Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides
Not as great as the first film but much much better then the 2nd and 3rd (which I liked). If you like the Pirate movies then this is a great film to see, if not it won't change your mind since its pretty much just the continuing adventures of Jack Sparrow. I'm happy they made it so you could jump in if you didn't seen the 2nd and 3rd movies. I just hope they keep this up with the 5th and 6th too.
Sucker Punch was possibly the worst movie that I've paid to see in years. For such a fan-goddamn-tastic concept, they did everything they could to ruin it. Highly, HIGHLY disappointed in that.

I did like Pirates 4. A bit too much Jack. He's better as the constant companion playing his own game while the plot is driven by others. The first movie had the balance right. Still, greatly enjoyed it. At least as good as the second and third.

Kung Fu Panda 2. It was the perfect sequel to the first movie. If you enjoyed the first one at all, then definitely see this. The visuals are fantastic, this is one of the few roles that Jack Black becomes likable, and the action is put together extremely well. It's difficult to recapture the magic of the first movie, and I didn't leave feeling as uplifted as I had from watching that for the first time, but I had such insane expectations, I'm not surprised.

Thor. Very good movie. This was the Marvel movie I was most worried about. I thought there was too much backstory and mythology to Thor to fit into 2 hours, but they really did pull it all together here. There was just enough Asgard, just enough Earth, enough S.H.I.E.L.D., enough action, and enough humor to make the film fun. There's no way that it could have been as good as Iron Man, but then we can't have Downy Jr. starring in every Favreau movie. Definitely recommend, especially for skeptical comic fans.
--If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? --

--You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.--
X-Men: First Class - Fox is now forgiven for what they did to the X-Men franchise with the last 2 movies. I wasn't bored for a sec, the story was great and the cast was excellent. My only complaints with it were 1. The makeup on the Beast wasn't as great as in X-Men 3 and 2. **May hint to Spoiler** As mush as I loved the ending, I wish they didn't end it the way they did so they could have done a sequel with the first X-Men team. The movie doesn't leave much breathing room between First Class and X-Men.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Personally, Onslaught, I LOVED Kung Fu Panda 2, and left the theater extremely happy. Then again, I was pretty reserved with my expectations. To me the sequel surpasses the first movie in everything from visuals to character development. In fact it even solidifies the first movie's mythos if you pay attention to what the characters are saying. I even nearly jumped out of my seat at the ending, it was so great!

I also went to see Pirates 4 and I loved it as well. I agree that it isn't as great as the first movie, but a significant improvement over the second and third movies (which I also loved).
Cars 2 - Cars 1 was my least favorite of all the Pixar movies to start with, I was never really impressed with it, visually is was amazing, but I didn't like the characters and it really bugged me that the story was a obvious knockoff of 'Doc Hollywood' and I was so disappointed that Pixar would do that. So I didn't have high hopes for Cars 2... and yet my hopes were still to high for this movie. Cars 2 again while visually great, that was it that made this movie feel like Pixar had a hand in it. Cars 2 felt like a made for Disney Channel direct to TV movie. The story was soooo far away from feeling like a Pixar movie and who ever thought that it was a great idea to make Larry the Cable Guy the star of Cars 2 and ALL the old cast nothing more then small background characters SHOULD BE FIRED FROM PIXAR! This movie should have NOT had the Pixar name attached to it, it should have simply been 'Disney Presents: Cars 2'... I will admit it is a fun movie for kids, just like any direct to DVD Disney movie is, it just NOT a Pixar movie and that is what made it so disappointing to me.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two - Awesome Movie! Happy and Sad to see the series finally come to an end.
It's Fantasia Festival! I'll be watching all these (minus a few local one I omitted) this month. If you have any interest in them, let me know and I'll give impressions.

So far, True Legend, Detective Dee and Red State were all pretty swell.

True Legend
red state
detective Dee
the unjust
Legend millenium
ip man legend is born
Super 21
clown 22
lapland odyssey
13 assassins
burke and hare
gantz
gantz perfect solution
article 12
karate robo zarbogar
the fp
redline
bangkok knock out
haunters
Captain America - The movie was AWESOME, BEST movie of the summer! There was only a couple things that were disappointing was 1. They rushed thorough all the WW2 battle stuff, hell they could have made a whole second movie just based Cap and his team going on missions (Could have been very Inglorious Bastards like) since they rushed it they didn't really develop the chracters in his team that well. 2. (kind of a spoiler...)When Cap wakes up in the future he pretty much accept it pretty fast and IMO it wasn't as good as the 90's version and was kind of disappointing. Other then that everything was GREAT.
The last Harry Potter movie but I want to see Captain America. Badly now that in school they announced that 43 grads from school worked somewhere with that movie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Movie you watched (Not in theaters) Cap 2 3,273 07-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Cap