Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claude in the internet
The Sonic fanbase recently discovered this unreleased track:

[video=youtube;H2OWC5Hosv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8[/video]

Doesn't sound familiar? Might want to listen to this.

This is not a "sounds similar" moment. This is 100% the birth of Ice Cap's theme. The solid connection here is Brad Buxer.

Brad was a member of The Jetzons and went on to become Michael Jackson's keyboardist in the 90's. He also worked on Sonic 3. This isn't a coincidence; he knew what he was doing and gave Hard Times a second chance at life through Sonic.
[Image: MegaManSSB.gif]
This is a two-part entry because what I originally wanted to post about also happens to be related to something I thought was wacky enough to get its own entry here.

So here is part 1:

I recently discovered this obscure animated film from the UK, Freddie as F.R.O.7

[Image: Freddie_as_F.R.O.7_FilmPoster.jpeg]

If you're wondering why it's so obscure - it bombed there, it bombed here, and it was critically panned.

The plot is also absolutely batshit! To summarize it to the best of my abilities with no hyperbole: a magical prince named Frederic from medieval times is orphaned and transformed into a frog by his viper-aunt and is saved by the loch ness monster. He then jumps through time and ends up in modern times and lives in a swamp with other frogs until he grows up into an adult anthropomorphic manfrog and goes off into the human world where he becomes a member of the British secret service after landmarks have started disappearing. It turns out that the big bad is in cahoots with Freddie's viper-aunt and that they plan to use the stolen landmarks by shrinking them and using them to power a giant crystal that will send out a "sleep virus" across the world so they can invade and enslave everybody. Also there are Nazis and the KKK.

Just goes to show you what happens when you don't have writers for your animated movie! And if that wasn't crazy enough, there is a psycho-fan that uploaded the movie to youtube and is completely convinced that the reason the movie got panned was because the US version got edited. He (she?) has a few schizo rants in the comments section about "clueless American editors" and such.

Which brings us to part 2:

I'm starting a Misspelled Word of the Moment. You guys know how much I enjoy a good butchering of the English language. Say what you will. I discovered today's word in the comments section on youtube for the movie mentioned above.

Today's word is cridect.

Crid•ect
Noun

A thorough molestation of the word "critic." Maybe.

Use it in a sentence!

[Image: CRIDECT.jpg]

[spoiler]Fructition[/spoiler]
I actually recall seeing this movie back when it was released on VHS.
Not sure if I bothered to sit through the whole thing.

Not only is it poor spelling, That person doesn't seem to know who's in charge of getting movies released :p
[Image: MedaForce.png]
So you guys may remember that a while back I made a thread talking about the worst Christmas special ever - Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa. It was a mind-numbing, eye-razing CG movie that actually aired on national television for Christmas in 2002. It was legendarily bad but a lot of people didn't see it and it never aired again. I sort of made it my mission to see it brought back to light, and last year I brought it to the attention of the founder of the Lost Media Wiki. He pulled some dark magic and unearthed it a few weeks ago. So now you guys can suffer like I did all those years ago!

[video=vimeo;139049545]https://vimeo.com/139049545[/video]
[Image: 10-1374323839.gif]
[Image: MedaForce.png]