Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claude in the internet
Yet another revival from old meda. Basically posting weird and interesting things I come across on the internet. Might make a real world alternative too.

Today's encounter: Deleted articles with freaky titles on wikipedia. Yes, someone is keeping track.

Couple of highlights...

Quote:Why Won't My Parakeet Eat My Diarrhea

Quote:Video Games in the 1800s

Quote:That one girl Charlie Brown likes with the red hair who they called Heather in the cartoons where the adults sound like Wee Wah Waw Wah

Shockingly detailed.

Quote:Players of 3D Space Cadet Pinball Who Can't Get It Up To Satisfy Their Wives

Confession page?

Quote:Nude Hippo

As opposed to clothed hippos?

Quote:Homosexual necrophilia in the mallard duck

....this is a thing?
Came across this a couple of months ago, but has anyone here heard of gangstalking?

Cracked summed it up better than I could:

Quote:

At some point, you've probably had a terrible day in which all the
insignificant irritations you face piled up and seemed to all hit you at once.
While you may have thought, "That was really unfortunate," there are thousands
of people out there who instead think, "government conspiracy." For those
people, there is no such thing as good or bad luck, there is only bully and
victim.

If you are unfamiliar with the perceived threat of gang stalking, take a
minute to watch at least 30 seconds of the following clip and read the
description.

[video=youtube;dBktqnUgG6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBktqnUgG6c[/video]

You only have to watch a 30-second chunk because it's all more of the same,
just footage of someone driving a car in the rain and absolutely nothing else.
But that four-minute video is supposed to be indisputable proof that a mass
conspiracy orchestrated by the highest levels of government is subtly harassing
and annoying the person shooting the video, all because the government
ultimately wants, um, well, no one seems to be able to agree on what the end
game is. All they know is that every loud noise,
every instance of red and yellow, every crowded supermarket parking lot is intentional, and it's all
choreographed flawlessly to sort of mildly frustrate one person.

PEOPLE ARE THIS PARANOID.

Only on the internet.
Japan: Radishes that moan when touched. (video)

Why is this a thing. Those moans are far from sexy.

WHY.
So you guys may remember that I posted a bit about people that explore abandoned properties ("urban explorers") and such in the old thread. Seems like there may have been a holy grail out there since 2001, but I'd need to explain it a bit.

Backstory:
The first time I went to Disney World was in 1997. I distinctly remember them advertising their 3 water parks, but we never got to go to any of them. Fast forward a few years and we're back, but there are only 2 water parks now. I scratched my head in confusion; I knew there had to have been a 3rd, but I wasn't familiar enough for Disney's water parks to name it off the top of my head. There was no evidence that a 3rd water park even existed. I assumed that I either imagined it, or it get turned into something else, like an accompanying part of one of their new resorts.

There's a guy that goes to Disney parks and intentionally snoops in backstage areas and closed off sections. He recently got banned from the parks for life, but not before exploring the aforementioned holy grail: River Country!

[Image: WDW_River_Country.jpg]

That's right, the three water parks were Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and River Country. River Country was the first one they opened and was eventually the least popular of the three. It quietly closed down in November 2001, forever, due to new legislation restricting the use of open/natural bodies of water for amusement parks and the likes in order to protect guests. The park uses part of the river as its biggest draw; it's built into the design. It would be too costly for Disney to retrofit their weakest park so they simply shut it down. For the first time in history, Disney abandoned one of their parks. Hence, holy grail.

There are two great sources to see how the park disintegrated once it was abandoned. There's video from two guys that snuck in:

[video=youtube_share;Q4JwgmPEIDQ]http://youtu.be/Q4JwgmPEIDQ[/video]

You can see how the boardwalks and such just fell apart. Music is still playing, lights still turn on, water fountains still work (do NOT drink Florida water!), and the pools that didn't totally evaporate out are just covered in sludge. It's a postapocalyptic world, like all the humans disappeared overnight while the facilities continue to work nine years after the fact, as if the park will open again as normal any day now. Extremely creepy. It's getting dark in the video so it's hard to see some things, but there are comparison shots of some of the attractions in their heyday with what they have become after a decade of neglect.

The second source is this series of forum posts (which may have started it all) with great shots: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2344523

This goes even further at showing how all the attractions deteriorated and even names them so you can compare on the map. Some really haunting shots (but they should all be seen):

[Image: RiverCountry012.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry014.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry026.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry036.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry105.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry068.jpg]

[Image: RiverCountry097.jpg]

Now I'm wishing I got to check the place out before it was shut down.
That is crazy, I thought Disney just replaced areas that were unpopular not out right abandon an area. Very cool.
I think I had an old Disney VHS that promoted River Country.
[Image: MedaForce.png]
"GeNOcide!"

[video=youtube_share;QAebOPGpp0k]http://youtu.be/QAebOPGpp0k[/video]

Nobody says the California Raisins needs more diversity.
Mega Man Unlimited, long awaited Mega Man fan game was released recently and I've been playing it a lot.

This game is legit. Like, Mega Man 11 legit. Completely wipes the floor with Street Fighter x Mega Man. If you like Mega Man games then you need to try this one. Fair warning: it's harder than typical MM games.
[Image: fvT7lv1.gif]
Thanks to GameFAQs, I've learned that this is a game.
ClaudeLv250 Wrote:"GeNOcide!"

[video=youtube_share;QAebOPGpp0k]http://youtu.be/QAebOPGpp0k[/video]

Nobody says the California Raisins needs more diversity.

Wow! to think there are people out there that believe this.....

ClaudeLv250 Wrote:Thanks to GameFAQs, I've learned that this is a game.

The only way this could have been even more funny is if the game had a retail release. :p
[Image: MedaForce.png]
It's making the rounds so I might as well post it here while it's fresh.

Meet Davido.

[video=youtube;ecwRObqxUQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwRObqxUQ8[/video]

Davido is an American student studying abroad in Japan out of his wealthy parents' pockets. Davido's deep interests in Japanese culture include Neon Genesis Evangelion, ̶m̶a̶i̶d̶ meido cafes, and the cute girl upstairs. Basically, the two hosts of the variety show rib Davido for about 8 minutes, though he does play a part in making himself look like a fool.

So, is he getting a much needed wake up call, or are these guys just jerks?