Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Fuckface
Quick update.

Sunday: I swung by the office around 11:50 pm to pick up the mac-mini so I could work from home on Monday in anticipation of the hurricane. Worked most of that night into the early morning in case of future power outages.
Monday: Power started getting real spotty around 6, started losing what I was working on so I gave it a rest. Power went off about an hour later.
Tuesday: Roads weren't as bad, tried calling in to see if the office had power; it didn't. Spent most of the day transferring the more expensive perishables to the freezer downstairs. Neighbor let us have some amps from his generator to keep the freezer running a few hours each day.
Wednesday: Relatively nice outside, still no power at home or office. Spent most of the day picking up tree branches and other shit that fell.
Thursday: Wake up to hear my dad is in the hospital and my brother has backed out into my car that I just signed the papers to start financing a week ago. He was going in for a stomach ultrasound and freaked out about being short of breath, so they did an emergency angioplasty but he's fine. I take a nap. On the way to the car to visit my dad in the hospital, I somehow repeat the same spine injury I had back in 2008 when I couldn't walk for over a week. I end up hobbling to ER to get a shot in my spine. I'm prescribed naproxen, hydrocodone, and diazepam, just like Solid Snake.
Friday: I spend the majority of the day in and out of painkiller-induced consciousness. My dog steps on my junk.
Saturday: I get tired of eating peanut butter sandwiches and offer to take my family to Bobby Flay's Burger Palace. I have a tasty burger with queso on it and spend quite a bit of money.
Sunday: Starting to prepare for the arrival of the generator we ordered way too late, which we expect to come on monday. Around 3:30, the power and cable comes back for pretty much the entirety of NJ using Rotten Electric. I still can't touch my knees.
GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Damn, nothing went right for you =/
[Image: MedaForce.png]
Sunday: Halloween party, stayed out until 12. Watched walking dead.
Monday: Both jobs closed, stayed home. Watched some shows on my DVR. Lost power at around 2.
Tuesday - Monday: LIPA laughs at us while we try to avoid falling trees and downed power lines.
Tuesday: Power returns! Watch the election on CNN.
Wednesday: Work all day. Noreaster hits way earlier and harder than expected. Work until 8 in the evening. Ride home takes approximately 4 times longer than usual. Lose power about 2 hours after I get home.
Thursday (today): High School closed again. Stay home and shovel out my house. Power comes back on in the afternoon.
--If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? --

--You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.--